(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Friday, September 10, 2004

Time for a little of the fun stuff. I've got Dave Mathews (Tim Reynolds if you must know) cued up (most announcers annoy me) and I'm ready to go. Time for a little game commentary!! (can't guarantee a full game tonight. I'm already on Harp #4) I'm going to try and continuously update this so stay with me and try not yell at me if I spell something wrong. With that. Go Syracuse! Whoops. I mean. Go Toronto!

8:17- Russ Adams taking the first three pitches he sees then swinging on 3-0. I'm OK with that b/c you know the pitcher is going to groove one.

8:18- That's how you block a plate. Well done by the the Texas catcher. I'd tell you his name but I missed the lineups and CBS has not updated it's site with the game tracker yet.

8:21- Well, that's not a good start. Someone want to tell me why catchers never take their mask off anymore? Wouldn't it help your vision/mobility to take it off?

8:24- I love Quiroz. He's got an absolute cannon and he can hit. I like his presence behind the plate. He's going to be a good one my friends. Cash my friend, I hope you catch on somewhere else.

8:35- I'll tell you what. Kevin Mench is not a bad player. Anyone who can drive a ball to the opposite field like that is OK in my book. 22 HR's this year. That is a pretty quiet 22 HR's to hit in 1 year.

8:36- Ah ha. Mystery solved. Rod Barajas blocked the plate. Another Texas hitter who has pretty decent numbers. If they ever get any pitching. . .

8:38- Another curve hit by the Texas lineup. They seem to be sitting on that thing an driving it. It certainly isn't as good as Lilly's.

8:46- You want to know why I like Russ Adams? Try 2 AB's. 11 total pitches seen. 1 hit. 1 ball hit on the screws. As long as he can handle the SS spot at the major league level he is going to be a great leadoff man.

8:51- That's crap. I hate how a hitter always gets timeout when asks for it. Especially when a pitcher is in the middle of his windup.

9:00- I'm telling you there is not a more animated player at the plate the O-Dog. I think he might have some kind of breakout year in 2005. His walk total is not up huge but he's having better AB's. He used to have a little Alex Gonzalez in him where he would swing through just about everything. But, he's getting deeper into counts and will get better balls to hit. I was not sure about this kid initially but he is starting to grow on me. Especially with is great play at 2B

9:04- I know the perception is Delgado has had a poor season, and he has compared to last year, but he does have 27 HR's. His average is a little low but he is still .259/.357/.516. If this "off year" lowers his brings is salary down then someone is really going to get a bargain. Now that LA his Choi, off the top of my head I'm not really sure who's going to pick him up.

9:12- Knock it off Mench. I gave you your props but there's no reason to hit two out of here.

9:15- This is not good as Batista's pitch count is getting up there. Short innings we can do. Long relief. . . not so good. Again, I'm not listening to the announcers but after that hit I've got to think Gibbons is going to get someone up in the bullpen.

9:16- Thanks Eric. At least you swung at the first pitch. I never really understand why players do that. A guy has a great AB, works the count and then the next player swings at the first pitch. Batista has to be close to coming out of here. Why do that? Another hit on the curve by the way.

9:18- (By the way. If you have not figured it out I'll post at the end of every half inning) Quiroz is not going to make many friends mis-playing balls like that. That's about the third of this game. I WILL take his bat over Cash any day of the week though. Another hit. This is getting ugly.

9:22- Again with the mask. TAKE IT OFF! Hell of a throw by Gross. I thought he had a bad wing??

9:23- Pitching change. Do your thing File. Anyone else remember how good he was a couple of years ago?

9:24- "Christine! Can you grab me another Harp!" Ugly, real ugly. Teixera just hammered that ball. He's going to be an absolute star for years to come.

9:33- Atta boy Quiroz. You want to get on my good side? Take a walk in a blowout. Have a good AB every time.

9:34- Crozier really has a build like Rios. It goes to show that most HR's are hit by form not muscle. That's a discussion for another day though.

9:38- Playing the Rangers is like playing a wall in tennis. They're both relentless.

9:43- 10-0 through 4 1/3?? Anyone know any good jokes?? Time to bare down File, no need to stretch the bullpen out at this score.

9:51- Nice Vinnie Chulk. I like this kid. Along with Frasor I think he can be a key to the bullpen next year. Get in there and get some quick outs would you Vinnie.

9:52- Again. These guys get any, ANY!, pitching and they are going to be a force to reckon with. By the way, I wonder what it is they are going to do with Soriano? Long term deal? Let him go? That might be interesting.

9:54- I missed the play but did Soriano just steal a base in a 10-0 game? If so, someone on the Rangers deserves to hit the showers with "Rawlings" imprinted on their but.

9:59- The boy can still hit. That was sick. Curve, up and outside and Delgado punishes it to LC. It's not that I don't want to bring him back next year. It's just the price is going to be too much. Someone is going to steal him away. His skills have NOT diminished.

10:02- Well done Hinske. Nice to see him get a hit but man has he been frustrating. OBP is going down, AVE is going down, SLG is going down. Not a good sign.

10:05- Good AB Quiroz. I know it may not look good to get called out on strikes but he took balls and swung at strikes. That was just a hell of a pitch he k'd on. I'd rather see that then watch Cash take a fastball down the middle for strike one, be out in front of a change by 10 feet for strike 2 and then bail out on a curve in the outside corners for strike three.

10:12- Atta boy Chulk. Come in there throwing strikes and get some people out. Alright one more inning for me. Let's see what the boys can do. Show me a little fight ehh!

10:16- Well done Crozier. That's how you pick up your first ML hit. Against a nasty left slinger even. Well done.

10:18- An RBI for Dave Berg. That is almost unfair. Silly. Just silly.

10:19- Well kids. That'll do it. Hope you enjoyed it. Have a good weekend and I'll be talking to you soon. In the mean time. If there is something you want to hear an opinion on from me feel free to send me an email.